Creative Scientist/Senior Scientist for Antibody Discovery and Protein Engineering
Symphogen has entered an exciting phase as an Antibody Center of Excellence for Servier with a continued focus on the discovery and early development of novel antibody-based therapeutic products for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. To help us on this mission the Antibody Technology team has a unique new opening for a creative and motivated scientist or senior scientist to support us in our efforts to discover and develop next generation of antibody-based drug candidates.
The position offers a unique possibility to take part in the clinical development of Symphogen’s antibody portfolio.
Your main tasks
- Lead and support ongoing and future antibody discovery campaigns.
- Contribute to the design and evaluation of novel monoclonal, bi-specific, and multi-specific antibody formats.
- Closely follow progress on novel antibody formats and emerging antibody technologies.
- Work productively with other scientists and technicians in the department.
- Collaborate closely with other departments within Symphogen and Servier to contribute to the timely delivery of project goals.
The preferred candidate has solid experience within protein discovery and/or engineering and a keen interest in specializing in the generation of antibody therapeutics and exploring novel ways of using the antibody scaffold. Previous experience using yeast display technology for molecular evolution is highly desirable.
- A Ph.D. degree in immunology, biochemistry, or other related biological science.
- Highly innovative and open mindset.
- Minimum of 3 years of university or industry experience within protein engineering.
- Experience working with next generation sequencing analysis (NGS).
- Interest in working with robotics.
- Experience working with mol. bio. workflows and software for visualizing protein structures.
- Experience performing molecular evolution to improve identified protein leads further.
- Strong communication and language skills, written and verbal (Danish/English).
- Highly self-driven, motivated, team player with commitment and initiative.
- A challenging and versatile job in an innovative, flexible, focused and committed biotech environment
- Competitive salary based on qualifications, and flexible working hours
- Strong cross functional teamwork, room for individual performance and development, passionate, inspiring, and fun colleagues
Working in Symphogen
Being part of Symphogen, you will always have a challenging job in a creative, goal-oriented, and value-based environment with a meaningful mission – to advance superior mAb therapeutics to improve the lives of cancer patients. You will be a part of a highly engaged and inspiring organization with focus on diversity, teamwork, commitment – and on you as a person. You will be offered good development opportunities and a relevant benefit package.
For further information
For more information, please contact Klaus Koefoed, Director of antibody technology on +45 21656735 /email: firstname.lastname@example.org or HR Manager, Pia Holm Olesen at +45 8838 5050.
Please also visit www.symphogen.com for information about our company.
If you are interested in the position, please mark your application and CV “Senior Scientist for Antibody Engineering”. and mail it to: email@example.com no later than May 16’th, 2021. Potential candidates will be invited for interview as they apply, and we reserve the right to terminate before the posting expires.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Klaus Koefoed, Director of antibody technology on +45 21656735 /email: firstname.lastname@example.org or HR Manager, Pia Holm Olesen at +45 8838 5050