Do you want to be a true pioneer? The Oral Formulation Research department in Måløv, Denmark, is looking for 6 enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues who share our ambition to develop break-through products based on orally available peptides and proteins, and who will help us improve the quality of life for patients around the world.
About the department
Oral Formulation Research consists of 13 dedicated and enthusiastic colleagues from 4 different nationalities. Our shared ambition is to develop new formulation concepts for oral protein and peptide delivery, and our tasks comprise of R&D activities within formulation of solid dosage forms and oral devices technology, solid state characterisation, biophysics & analysis. We work together with both industry and academic partners as well as with several areas of Novo Nordisk including Global Drug Discovery, Device R&D, CMC and other.
As a scientist within Oral Formulation Research your main objective will be to focus on formulating therapeutic proteins and peptides into oral products.
We are looking for:
- Four new colleagues focused on developing innovative oral drug delivery systems specifically design, prototyping, and evaluation of oral device concepts.
- One new colleague focused on developing solid dosage forms explicitly pharmaceutical formulation expert with knowledge of absorption enhancer technology and solid state characterization.
- One new colleague who is specialized within analysis of solid dosage forms, meaning traditional wet chemistry and have profound knowledge of tablet dissolution and tablet extraction.
You will be part of interdisciplinary project teams composed of diverse competencies spanning across multiple natural sciences and engineering disciplines as well as our R&D organization. The positions are temporary 2-year contracts.
Your main task will be to contribute with your knowledge of oral drug delivery technologies and formulation on the design of oral solid dosage forms or oral device concepts. Furthermore you will design and conduct experiments to support research and concept development. This job will offer you high level of independence and flexibility within the research project framework and you will work closely together with other departments involved in the project.
We are looking for both experienced professionals as well as young talents to join our team. You must hold a relevant MSc or PhD degree in Life Sciences (pharmaceutical sciences, engineering or other relevant discipline).
- You have knowledge of oral (solid) dosage forms covering pharmaceutical formulation expertise including characterisation and analysis.
- An understanding of current oral drug delivery technologies and insight into the GI-tract physiology is required.
- It is considered an advantage if you have a track record of original research within oral drug delivery and previous patenting experience is considered a plus.
- Previous industry experience is an advantage but not a requirement.
You have a flexible mind-set and find it motivating to work in a dynamic project environment. You are a team player with a constructive attitude who takes pride in understanding and challenging science. You should value knowledge sharing with other scientists, as well as with our experienced laboratory technicians. You possess good networking and communication skills and ability to drive projects from an idea to practice.
You are creative in finding solutions to scientific challenges encountered during your research. Proficiency in English, both written and spoken, is a prerequisite.
Working at Novo Nordisk
Novo Nordisk is a global company headquartered in Greater Copenhagen area in Denmark. The department is part of Novo Nordisk Global Research Technologies, which counts 500+ employees passionate about bringing the best solutions to the more than 25 million patients currently treated by NN products.
At Novo Nordisk your skills, dedication and ambition help us change lives for the better for patients around the world. As their needs evolve, so does our challenge to find better and more innovative ways to improve their quality of life. In exchange, we offer you an opportunity to work with extraordinary talent and to benefit from a range of possibilities for professional and personal development.
31th Dec 2018