Principal Test Engineer
Would you like to truly make your test engineering experience count and work in one of the best performing medical device companies in the world?
In this position, you will set the direction for test and verification development and be a pivotal part of ensuring that we make the right product design choices in our high impact projects. Moreover, you will be part of establishing a new and important team in R&D.
“You’ll be part of bringing new devices to market by ensuring that we have the right tests in place. This entails being part of the innovation process from the very early stages, where you define the test principles and strategy up until production launch,” explains Vice President of Test & Characterisation Lisbet Rankløve.
Become part of our new Test Engineering team
Joining us at our Headquarters in Humlebæk, Denmark, you will become part of a newly established and growing team. We are an integral part of Test & Characterisation within R&D where we lead the design and documentation of our testing strategies. We are also responsible for ensuring that our test strategies and methods are implemented at Coloplast sites around the world.
“You can look forward to becoming part of a very supportive team – in a working environment where we both share an occasional joke and highly value the professional perspectives of our colleagues” – explains Lisbet Rankløve, Vice President, Test & Characterisation.
From early-stage concepts to final product
As a Principal Test engineer, you will be responsible for high impact development projects in which you will be responsible for the testing strategy, test method development as well as test method documentation.
Making use of your extensive experience and expertise, you will provide guidance for the team and lead the projects by example. Moreover, the role comes with ample opportunity for you to continue your individual development both within the test- and collaborative disciplines, as you will play an active role in defining the processes within the team by seeking solutions and driving innovation.
Your key tasks include:
- Developing and documenting test methods and transferring the methods and related test equipment to our pilot or manufacturing sites across the world
- Keeping track of needed test methods and documentation in your project and ensuring that deadlines are kept
- Supporting the ongoing maintenance of test methods implemented in our production
- Responsible for selected laboratory equipment, being an expert in the use there of and driving purchase of new equipment
- Taking responsibility for ongoing updates of our worldwide procedures and instructions to ensure that we work in compliance with current regulations
- Supporting the training of colleagues in test methods and procedures
- Being updated on trends within test method principles and expanding both internal and external network within the field, to ensure innovative approaches
Experience with test method development and design.
You thrive in a project-based environment with many concurrent tasks. As a team player, you master the art of cross-functional collaboration. Your style of communication is unmistakably to the point, and you know how to navigate a diverse stakeholder landscape. At last, you are known for your precision and ability to always meet a deadline.
- Hold a degree in engineering, e.g. within mechanics, physics, chemistry, pharmacy or a similar discipline, preferably within mechanics
- Have experience with test method development and design from the medical or MedTech industry
- Have experience with CAD
- Bring knowledge of statistics and statistical software related to test method validation (e.g. Gauge R&R analysis)
- Are analytical in your approach to developing new test methods and know how to optimize existing test methods and equipment
- Know of ISO 9001 as well as ISO 13485 and GMP
- Speak and write English fluently
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Vice President of Test & Characterisation, Lisbet Rankløve email@example.com
We will take candidates into the recruitment process continuously, so do not hesitate to apply. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.
Pursuing an ambitious growth agenda, Coloplast develops and markets products and services that make life easier for people with intimate healthcare needs. Employing about 14.000 people and with products available in more than 143 countries, we are one of the world´s leading medical device companies. We are constantly growing our business and always looking for new ways to move forward – we explore, learn and look for new ways of doing things.
Coloplast is committed to being an inclusive organization, where people bring their differences to work each day, fulfil their potential and have a strong sense of belonging because – and not despite – of their differences. We therefore encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of gender, age, race, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religious belief or physical ability.
Visit us on Coloplast.com.
Vice President of Test & Characterisation, Lisbet Rankløve firstname.lastname@example.org